- President: Mary Dugan
- Vice President: Russell Tilley
- Wendy Moore
- Emily Boss
- Teresa DeLaurentiis
BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETING PROTOCOL
The members of the Morris Central School District Board of Education thank you for attending our meeting. Please understand that a school board meeting is a meeting held in public and not a public meeting. This meeting is specifically for the school board and is not intended to be a question and answer time with the public. We value your input, but must limit the time during our meeting that you are allowed to address the Board.
The Morris School Board permits public comment at the beginning and end of the meeting. At those times, the public may address the board regarding an item on the agenda. We welcome your comments, but must insist that you follow a few procedures to allow us a proper record of your comments, and to prevent us from impinging any individual's rights or privacy.
- Please stand and state your name for the record.
- Please limit your comments to no more than 5 minutes.
- Please do not discuss individual personnel or students. These comments should be discussed privately with the superintendent or in executive session with the Board.
- Please direct all comments to the board president and not to others attending the meeting.
- Please be aware that board members seldom respond to public comments. The board sees this as your time to be heard and not a time for debate.
- The board president has the right to close the meeting to public comment at any time.
The Board of Education of Morris Central School welcomes participation from all members of the school community: parents, staff and community members. Meetings are generally held the third Thursday of each month ( see exceptions below) at 6:30 p.m. in the Library Media Center, and all meetings are advertised in advance. The agenda is posted prior to the meeting, and the minutes of the previous meeting are posted after BOE approval at the next meeting. Commencing with the February 2012 meeting, all agenda information will be posted on the MCS website.
During a Board meeting, public comment is permitted at the beginning and end of the meeting. At those times, the public may address the Board regarding an item on the agenda. We welcome your comments, but must insist that you follow a few procedures to allow us a proper record of your comments, and to prevent us from impinging upon any individual’s rights or privacy:
- Before bringing a specific complaint to the Board, all parties should first attempt to resolve issues through the chain of command, beginning with staff members, then with the Building Principal, and finally with the Superintendent.
- Be advised that items of a highly personal nature involving personnel, litigation or particular students can only be discussed confidentially in Executive Session to safeguard the privacy of those involved.
- Please be aware that Board members seldom respond to public comments. The Board sees this as your time to be heard and not a time for debate.
- The Board President has the right to close the meeting to public comment at any time.
Regular Board of Education meetings are held on the third Thursday of each month with the exceptions of July, August, April, and May. July and April meetings will be held on the second Thursday. The August meeting will be held on the fourth Thursday. The meeting in May will be held on the third Tuesday.
The Board welcomes all questions and comments from our valued community. Please choose the appropriate form of communication below. We will respond to each request as quickly as possible.
US Postal Mail:
Morris Central School District Office, 65 Main St., Morris, NY 13808
If you would like to contact an individual Board member, you may email them at the addresses listed above.
THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE THURSDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2023