Bassett Healthcare Network, Morris HealthZone
When school is not in session, during regular business hours, please call 844-ALL-SBHC (844-255-7242) for assistance. All advanced practice clinician(nurse practitioner or physician assistant) and a mental health worker are on call. If its after hours please call 1-800-BASSETT
Fax number: 607-263-9629
Please call the HealthZone with any questions or to schedule an appointment.
Hours of Operation
Open 8:00 am -4:00 pm Monday Through Friday
What services do School-Based HealthCenters Provide?
The purpose of the SBHC is to provide easy access to quality health care for kids in school. Services Include:
- Complete physical exams (may be used for athletic eligibility, NYS mandated school physicals, camp, college, working papers).
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute (sore throats) and chronic (asthma, diabetes) illnesses
- Health Education
- Referral for emergency and medical specialist care
- Healthscreening (vision, hearing, scoliosis)
- Reproductive health care (includes reproductive health education, prescribing contraceptives and treatment of STDs)
- Oral exam with cleanings, sealants, and dental referrals
- First Aid
- Mental health screening and referrals
- Mental health counseling
- Child Health Plus information and enrollment assistance
Participation in the SBHC program is voluntary. Only students who have been enrolled in the program by their parents will be able to receive these services. If you have any questions about the SBHC, feel free to call the SBHC office for further information or check our website at www.bassett.org